Thursday, January 3, 2013

When the worst happens


I often think to myself that worse things could happen.  When I feel sorry for myself, I comfort myself by saying, "you have all your limbs!" or something similar ("at least both your eyes point in the same direction!").

Sometimes the worst things happen.  So far, the worst things have only happen to me a few times.  This has not happened to me yet.  And I will say, I doubt, NO, I know, I would not be so brave, or so graceful, if it did.
I have learned that I will do just about anything to live just a little bit longer.  And I hate myself for that.  Though perhaps the next time one of the worst things happens to me I will be brave, and graceful, and perhaps I am turning into a person I would like to be.

No matter what happens to us, no matter how many worst things happen (until the final one), there is always hope, however cruel and unlikely, and beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment